Monday, December 16, 2013

New Officers

Tonight is my first meeting with our new board members.  We will review the year, thank those who have served, and look to the future.  I was warned this morning that a new board member was gathering material to advance his personal agenda with the board.  My policy is to train the nominating committee and then step aside and trust them to follow God's leading.  Sometimes, I question the wisdom of that policy.  To make things even more interesting, we have a board member who is vehemently opposed to this individual's agenda.  I've prayed for both of these individuals as I prepare for this evening's meeting. 

It will be interesting to see if the new member brings up his agenda, and if he does, how the board responds.  Parenting Daughter has taught me much about ministry.  I will be able to respond calmly, and I know that any anger expressed tonight is not about me.  I am exceedingly patient.  Of course, knowing how to handle it doesn't mean I enjoy handling....

No comments: