Sunday, December 15, 2013

Snow

It's been snowing for the last two days.  Daughter shoveled the sidewalk clear at church this morning without complaining, and did a good job.  I was impressed.  I didn't get involved because of my wrist, which has been complaining since I sat down to play the piano the other evening. 

When we got home today, I couldn't get the car up the driveway and into the garage.  I parked in the street, and told Daughter we were going to have to shovel the driveway.  It's not a big hill, but it's enough of a hill that it can be hard to get a vehicle up it when it is icy or snowy.  Daughter went out and began, but her competence of this morning had vanished.  I finally went out to help her.  I suggested it would work better if she didn't throw the snow into the west wind, but she insisted she was doing it the only way she knew how.  I picked up a shovel and told her to watch.  As she watched the wind blow the snow I tossed to the west back across the driveway, she finally understood.  I tried to show her how to loosen up the packed snow that had been driven over, but she refused to figure that out.  My wrist complained, but I suspect I did most of the work.  It took almost 2 hours with both of us working, but we got it done.  The car is now safely tucked away in the garage.  It is still snowing  and we will be heading out again for Christmas caroling in about half an hour.  Hopefully we won't get too much more.  I don't know who much we've gotten, but it came over the top of my boots when I walked in the yard.  It's supposed to continue snowing through Tuesday.  It looks like it could be a very long winter. 

No comments: