Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Not Soon Enough

This move can't happen soon enough for me.  I scheduled Daughter for a physical.  The house changed it without consulting me.  Then they told me they'd changed it and they couldn't take her, I'd have to do it.  She has to have a physical before she moves on April 1.  They scheduled the physical for 9:45 next Thursday.  I have a clergy breakfast at 8:00 that morning, and we will be finalizing plans for the community Good Friday service at that breakfast.  The appointment is on one side of town, and her house and program are on the opposite side of town.  So yesterday I called to see if I could change the appointment.  The next available appointment for a physical was April 30. 

I finally figured out that if her house drops her off at the church after program on Wednesday, she can come to the even supper and class here at the church and go to the breakfast with me Thursday.  We'll leave from the breakfast to get her to her doctor's appointment.  I'd prefer not to have her at the breakfast, I'm not thrilled about having her Wednesday evening, but it's the only way I can figure to get the appointment in around all my other responsibilities.  Have I mentioned that this is a very busy time of year for me?

I informed Administrative Assistant that the calendar this week doesn't work.  I have entirely too may commitments.  I will be working Friday.  She stepped up and proofread and corrected the PowerPoint for tomorrow evening's class while I was at a meeting this afternoon.  Tonight is my overnight retreat with my colleagues.  It's non-negotiable.  I need that time of fellowship and worship as I head towards Easter, even if I have to work on Friday to do it....

No comments: