Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Daughter's Birthday

Daughter was in a good mood when I picked her up for her doctor's appointment.  I had carefully gathered all the items she bought with the money she took, placed them in a large box, and wrapped them.  She opened it up in the car when we got to the doctor's office.  I was a little concerned about what her reaction would be.  She was surprised, and then she thanked me.  I searched for a card that expressed my love but wasn't full of untruths about our reality.  I found one that talked about daughters liking to call and chat.  It said she'd brought much happiness to my life and I like spending time with her.  She pronounced it "perfect."

Her appointment went well.  The medical assistant asked if she needed any refills.   I told her I'd asked the house, and they said she didn't, but they'd probably call tomorrow seeking refills.  She smiled.  I also pointed out she's moving in less than a week.

We went out to eat after her appointment.  She chose a Mexican place.  It's part of a small chain, and we've eaten at one when we've been on vacation.  We talked about the move.  I offered her some suggestions for dealing with the sadness. 

I took her back to her house, and she left happy.  She called a little while ago, obviously down.  It seems that both of the staff members at her house went on an outing with some of the women, forcing Daughter to go wait for their return at the men's house, which she hates.  She told me that one is supposed to stay back at the house, and she was frustrated that they weren't doing what they were supposed to do.  I said, "That's why you are moving."  I'm glad she'll be out of there soon. 

No comments: