Sunday, March 3, 2013

Aching Heart

Daughter's second visit went went well.  She said it was very comfortable-- almost like being at home with me.  I saw this as a positive, but she wasn't so sure.  After she went to bed I realized what the issue was.  She is afraid I'm getting her a new family and abandoning her.  We talked about it on the way to church this morning, and she quickly acknowledged the fear.  I offered her reassurance, and we talked about how we felt at home at Grandma and Grandpa's and at our home. 

She didn't want to go back this afternoon.  She called the current house the "torture house."  She doesn't go to the new house again for two weeks, and then it is another two weeks after that before she moves.  This long, drawn out process is very hard on her.  She forgot her cell phone this morning, and she was being difficult, so I was not willing to turn around and come get it for her before taking her back. 

She called me this evening.  "I'm depressed, Mom."  She is so stressed right now.  My heart aches for her.  This is going to be a very long month. 

No comments: