Sunday, March 24, 2013

Holy Week

Today marks the beginning of Holy Week.  This morning we had palms, glued broken tiles to a cross, and baptized a baby in worship.  When we get that much going on in worship, it's hard for me to relax and not attempt to micromanage everything.  Sometimes I just need to step back and trust God.  The service went well, and a number of people expressed appreciation.  I'm glad it's over. 

I'm already a little less patient as Holy Week approaches.   I received an email from the grandmother of the baby being baptized today.  She had a part in the service, and was requesting edits on it.  I decided to ignore her email.  The edits weren't appropriate, and I suspect my response to her might not have been, either.

Tomorrow night is the board meeting.  It is newsletter week.  I have meditations to prepare for worship on Thursday and Friday, in addition to the big event on Sunday.  I have a love/hate relationship with Holy Week.  I love this season, and all the special services.  I hate the extra work and the fatigue that accompanies it.  So I'm back at the church, trying to finish the worship service for Thursday before the special service we're having this evening. 

No comments: