Thursday, May 31, 2012

Time Flies

Today I went to a conference for pastors.  As I looked around the room, I realized that over half of us were women.  When I started in ministry 27 years ago, it was not unusual for me to be the only woman in the room in a situation like this one.  I like the fact that I'm no longer alone.  It's amazing how much change has taken place in the past 27 years.  At lunch I sat talking to a Franciscan Friar, and we talked about all the changes we have seen during our ministry.  I think we probably sounded old, but no one else was paying much attention to us, so it was okay. 

It's hard to believe that I've been at this for 27 years.  I've been doing this for half of my life.  I spoke to a woman who was semi-retired on a coffee break, she said her part time ministry had her wanting to get back in to it full time.  I wondered if ministers ever really retire.... 

Some of the people were spending the night at the conference center.  I live 20 minutes away from it, and consider myself very fortunate.  I was able to participate in the conference and get home in time to greet Daughter when she got off the bus. 

No comments: