Thursday, May 24, 2012

An Attempt and a Turn Around

Daughter was trying to reach me this afternoon about drama at her program.  I told her she could handle it.  When she got off the bus tonight, I was talking to Sister.  She was obviously mad, and came storming into the house.  I continued to talk to Sister, and Daughter began sobbing hysterically.  I got off the phone (Sister had to go) and asked what was wrong.  The bus driver told her not to be so loud when she screamed when the bus driver had to hit the brakes hard to avoid another vehicle.  I told her there was nothing wrong with that and she needed to lighten up.  She then said something about how I should just take her back to her house immediately, since it was obvious I didn't want her.  I told her I wanted to spend time with her, I didn't want the drama. 

She stopped the drama.  We went out to eat and then went to the home improvement store that had mulch on sale.  We loaded 20 bags into the back of my vehicle, and came home and started spreading it.  Now I did much more work than Daughter did, but she was cooperative, ran the errands I requested, and didn't complain.  I thanked her for her help.  I may pick her up Saturday and let her stay through Monday.  I told her it would depend on how she did this evening.  I got 10 bags of mulch spread and did some other small jobs outside.  Daughter spread part of one bag.  She probably loaded 7-8 of the bags of mulch into the car.  This mulch is going out front.  I think it will look nice when I'm done.  I'm going to get some more of the free mulch from the church for the back yard.

All in all, a good day....

No comments: