Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Psychiatrist and House News

Daughter had an appointment with Psychiatrist this morning.  In the middle of her appointment, the fire alarm went off.  We all walked down the stairs and out and gathered on the sidewalk.  There were a lot of people at mental health today....  It made for an interesting appointment.

The substitute Program Manager from her day program headed to the appointment, but never showed up.  She wasn't answering her cell phone, so I don't know what happened.  I ended up taking her to meet up with her program at their first outing, which put me a little behind.

This time I explained that Daughter had felt overwhelmed last time and couldn't process everything that was being said.  Psychiatrist made a point of asking Daughter what had happened, so she would leave with a clear understanding.  I like Psychiatrist.

I found out Daughter's house is getting a new Medical Coordinator.  The current Med Coordinator is handling both the men's and women's houses, and spending 75% of her time on medical appointments, which doesn't allow enough time for follow-up and supervision back at the house.  I think this is a good thing, but selfishly, I hope she stays with the women's house.  I don't want Daughter to have to deal with a new Program Manager and a new Medical Coordinator at the same time.



No comments: