Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Looking for Sympathy

Daughter called this morning, complaining that she couldn't sing a note.  She has a talent show on Thursday, and is trying to create some drama around it.  I didn't bite.  I reminded her that when she complains to me about talent shows I tell her she can't participate.  Her voice sounded fine to me, which she didn't want to hear. She called again at lunch time.  I was at a clergy gathering, so it was a brief conversation.  She told me she was too sick to stay at her program and had called the house to come pick her up.

I got a text from Program Manager a little later, telling me Daughter had called for pick up, but didn't seem to be too sick to flirt with the new guy.  I should have texted her house and told them to send her straight to bed since she was so sick.  I was enjoying fellowship with my colleagues, though, so I decided to let them figure it out on their own.  I'm blessed to be able to share fellowship and discussion with a wonderful group of colleagues.  It's one of the blessings that grew out of my move here.

Daughter is not calling me nearly as often.  Usually she calls morning and evening to check in. It's nice not to have to deal with the drama.

No comments: