Saturday, June 22, 2013

Warning: Pre-vacation Grouchiness

Administrative Assistant is on vacation right now.  She will return from her two week vacation after I begin my four weeks of study leave and vacation.  I told Treasurer that AA was very smart in her timing.  She doesn't have to deal with my stress and grumpiness as I prepare to be gone for an extended period.  I'm always tired as vacation approaches, and this year is no different.  I think the broken arm made it harder.  I'm prioritizing carefully, and still working too many hours.  I have a wedding today.  I spent yesterday morning in the office, came home and mowed my lawn, and then showered and went back to church for the wedding rehearsal.  I ended up spending 4 evenings at the church this week.  I did not get a day off.  This coming week is going to be even busier. 

I'm tired, so I'm not working efficiently.  There is too much to do, and I don't want to do any of it.  The sermon isn't done for tomorrow, and I haven't started preparing for the two meetings I'm leading on Monday.  Yes, AA is very smart.  I just have to make it until the afternoon of June 30th.  Then we'll be off to the conference we attend every year.  The conference where I am teaching a class I've not yet planned....



No comments: