Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Daughter's Bad Day

Daughter got punched in the face today at the workshop.  If you're counting, this is the third man she's had trouble with this week.  She called me, and insisted she hadn't done anything.  It was bad enough they put ice on her face and one of the staff members took her home. 

A staff member called me to tell me about it, and basically the punch came out of the blue, with no warning.  The man is autistic, and apparently thought Daughter was talking too much.  He does not have a history of violence.  Staff thought she'd probably have a bruise on her cheek. 

Daughter will be with me tomorrow, which is good.  Friday they have a basketball game, and Daughter is singing the national anthem and leading the cheerleaders, so she's looking forward to it.  I'm not sure which of us is more in need of a vacation right now.  Have I mentioned lately that I'm tired?

No comments: