Friday, June 28, 2013

Sigh

I picked up Daughter this evening.  She'll go back in three weeks.  They gave me a huge tub of her meds.  They didn't give me enough test strips.  They have a real obsession about controlling test strips, and ration them out to Daughter.  That's fine on most days, but on days when she has a low and needs to recheck, that is a problem.  I think there are some power struggles going on-- I'm an involved parent.  Daughter is much higher functioning than most of their residents.  I'm just going to go buy some additional test strips.  It will be expensive, but I'm not going to go to battle over it.  They didn't even give me enough strips for her scheduled blood sugar checks.  It is frustrating, to say the least. 

I spent some time working in my garden today, which was nice.  Now I need to do some work inside, which I don't want to do.  I hate getting ready to go on a trip.  It will be fine once we get there, but the preparation is no fun.  I'm having more pain in my arm/wrist which doesn't do much to improve my mood....

No comments: