Saturday, June 1, 2013

Officially Old

I am officially old.  I have a graveside service today, so I have on my funeral dress.  My legs are too white and I hate wearing shoes without socks.  I was afraid if I tried to put pantyhose on, I'd be done for the day (just a shower still takes a lot out of me. The dress is long, so I put on some sheer black knee highs.  I have seen older women do that, and I always thought it a little weird.  I won't in the future.  It's much easier than pantyhose.  I'll be standing for the entire service, so I don't need to worry about anyone knowing-- except everyone who reads my blog. 

After the service I'm picking up Daughter.  If I have any energy left and the weather cooperates, I hope to have her help me in the yard.  It's not likely, but I keep hoping. 

No comments: