Sunday, January 27, 2013

Payback

So now we're getting the pay back of my complaint with the state about Daughter's group home.  She is no longer allowed to self-inject her insulin.  They're waiting on a doctor's order.  Daughter was not happy, and I began receiving texts of protest.  She wasn't safe because people were touching her body to give her insulin.  I pointed out that I touch her body when I give her insulin.  Her response:  "Yes, but you're not crazy or a crack head."  I tried to rationalize via text, and finally I just sent, "Chill."  Her response:  "Okay.  I love you." 

If I'd known telling her to chill would stop the arguing, I'd have done it a long time ago. 

2 comments:

Marge said...

I hope you can find something better for Daughter really quickly. This time in between isn't going to be fun for her, or for you, but you need to make the move. Take care.

Reverend Mom said...

Thanks. I'm visiting one this afternoon. The one Case Manager really liked has not contacted me, despite numerous requests. I think I'm going to write it off. If she can't contact me when I'm in the shopping phase, what's it going to be like after Daughter is placed there?