Monday, January 14, 2013

Daughter's Pleas

Daughter has begun begging me to get her out of her house.  The newest staff members tried to get her to take her meds before supper was ready yesterday.  I don't know how to get it through to them how dangerous it is for her to take her insulin early, and how difficult life becomes for everyone when her anti psychotic isn't given with her supper. 

I know I need to find another place.  I have one option to check out right now, but Daughter would be by far the youngest and highest functioning.  Case Manager is seeking other options.  This week is pretty full, but I'm going to see if I can pursue the one option I've been given.  She's begging to come home, but that is not a good option.  This week I have an overnight retreat and a meeting all day Saturday, and no good options for caring for her while I'm busy. 

I'm grateful Daughter has become such a strong advocate for herself, and I worry about the women who don't have strong advocates.  I will be filing a report with state licensing. 

No comments: