Monday, January 14, 2013

A Conversation

Today I went to visit the 93 year old man who may be dying.  He is at his son's house, and his son was there during the visit.  We talked some, and the man was polite.  I offered some suggestions and tried to frame his situation in a positive light. 

His son was beaming when he came in to the board meeting tonight.  His dad's lady friend had come to visit after I left.  His dad had replayed the entire conversation to her, offering her the same comfort I had offered him.  It's nice to know that my words  mattered to him. 

The board meeting tonight was long, and went well.  We were doing some training, and we crammed a lot of information into the time.  Saturday we will begin looking forward and setting goals for the coming year.  Tomorrow night I will be at the retreat center with my peer group.  I'm looking forward to the chance to pause and reflect in the midst of a busy week. 

No comments: