Saturday, March 17, 2012

Record Highs

We've had an amazing week with the weather. This is the 4th day in a row where the high has been a record. I've gotten out to work in the yard several days. Today I began with a walk through the woods with a friend and her dog. It was beautiful, with new growth sprouting up between the weeds. The green under the brown trees was quite a contrast.
.
I went to one of the super hardware stores this afternoon and visited their garden center. The garden center was busy, and they definitely weren't ready for the season to begin. I ended up going to two more to get what I wanted. I then came home and did quite a bit of work in the yard. There's still more to be done, of course, but I made good progress today. I've done a bunch of weeding but could have spent several more hours out there weeding. I bought a book, and am going to begin to plan out my vegetable gardens. I also bought some seeds and the equipment I need to start them indoors.
.
Each time I checked out there was the clerk predicted that we'd have snow. The forecast calls for several more record highs before the temperature drops back into the 30's and 40's next weekend. I now have two daffodils blooming in addition to some crocus. I may end up having to mow my lawn in March. That would be a first.
.
For now, I'm enjoying having the windows open and hearing the birds and the neighborhood children. I've been trying to focus on things other than Daughter today, but in the latest news, Daughter got up early this morning so she'd be ready to go get her blood drawn at 7:30. She called me sometime after 9:00, frustrated. They hadn't taken her yet. She was waiting. When she finally got there, she didn't need blood work, just a urine specimen. So they made her fast for no reason.
.
I've decided I'm going to have her spend the night here tomorrow night. It will save me having to take her home after the birthday party. I'll take her to her program on Monday. I'm still pondering what I'm going to try to address the ongoing issues.
.

No comments: