Friday, March 2, 2012

I'm Impressed

Daughter called this evening, "I know what my problem is, and it doesn't have anything to do with staff or the girls." She went on to tell me that she's taken advantage of her freedom of having a TV in her room to watch a number of shows that I wouldn't let her watch here. "Including some that have to do with the things that happened to me. Why do they put those on TV?"
.
"So people can learn."
.
"To teach people how to do it!?!?"
.
I clarified, explaining that it was to help people understand the hurt it caused. I told her I was impressed and proud of her for figuring it out. I pointed out that now she knows what to do.
.
She may very well have been watching shows that triggered her PTSD. I hope she has learned from this. Once again I find myself wondering where she would be right now if she'd been with me since she was born....

No comments: