Friday, March 16, 2012

Losing Control

Daughter called a little while ago. She clogged the toilet again. I told them she needs her miralax every night. They aren't giving it to her. She has blood work ordered for tomorrow. I have no idea why. She wasn't supposed to need blood work again until April. This will be the second extra blood draw.
.
I have worked hard to manage Daughter's health. I have had to struggle with the reality that I couldn't always protect her from herself or prevent her from eating things she shouldn't. I did know why she was having blood work, and was able to coordinate the orders from her various doctors. I suspect this is because Nurse has decided she must have thyroid issues. When she raised this concern, I informed her that Daughter had had her thyroid checked many times, and has even had an ultrasound of it. The results are always normal. I was ignored. Rather than worry about her thyroid, I'd like to see them make sure she get her medication as prescribed.
.
Oh, and staff has told her it's her job to keep one of the other women from going into the kitchen and eating in the morning, since she needs to have fasting blood work, too. She's upset about that, rightfully pointing out that that is staff's job, not hers. Of course, considering the way they have been doing their job, I suspect Daughter will do a better job of keeping the woman out of the kitchen.
.
I'm feeling depressed by all of this, which doesn't make sense. I've been walking daily this week, enjoying the record highs we've been experiencing. I've also been out working in the yard. The exercise and sunshine should be lifting my mood. I guess that the stress is taking a toll. I'm behind where I want to be on my worship preparations, and the ongoing issues at Daughter's house are taking a toll.
.
I'll get out and walk again tomorrow morning, and if the weather cooperates, I'll spend some more time working in the yard. I'll find other things on which I can focus. Sunday will be a good day, though busy. I actually managed to find someone to handle the nursing home worship service for me on Sunday. I'll only have to deal with worship, rehearsal/taping for Palm Sunday, and then the 90 minute drive to celebrate Baby Nephew's 1st birthday. Hopefully Daughter will be having a good day. I know she's looking forward to the birthday party.

No comments: