Sunday, March 18, 2012

Quite a Day!

My friends from Tiny Village were in worship this morning. It was great to see them, and I enjoyed showing them around and introducing them to people. Following worship we had our annual meeting. We totally changed the format this year. Instead of receiving a written report, we had leaders stand up and talk about the accomplishments of the past year and highlight the goals for the coming year. We made use of the PowerPoint, too. Several people told me how much they looked the new format following the meeting.
.
We then had a fellowship meal and drew names for the quilt raffle. It was hilarious. One of the women announced that they were having someone new draw this time, as the person who had been doing the drawing drew her own name. So the new drawer announced that her name was not in the basket-- and promptly drew her husband's name. That was good for a laugh. I won the second quilt, a bright, beautiful butterfly quilt that will go well in Daughter's bright bedroom here. I hadn't purchased any linens to go with her bright paint selections. Now I'll need to get some fabric and make some curtains for her room.
.
After the fellowship meal and raffle drawing, we began work on our Palm Sunday plans. I was blown away by the quality of the acting. We had backdrops and props, and I was amazed at how good everything looked and sounded. When people finished taping their parts, they stayed to cheer on the others. Worship began at 10:00, and it was after 2:30 before we were done. The comment as we were leaving? "That was fun!"
.
They were very patient as I rewrote some of their parts. I'd hear things when they read them that I hadn't noticed before. It was really hard to get the verb tenses right. I hope we caught them all. People were good natured as we had them switch costumes after we realized that what they were wearing was too close to the colors in the backdrop. We had that happen twice.
.
Fortunately, I'd recruited someone to cover the nursing home service so we made the 95 mile drive to Brother's house, arriving about 5:00. Brother made fajitas on the grill, which were wonderful. Baby Nephew was as charming as ever. He was the first one year old I've met who didn't like his birthday cake. He thought the frosting was okay, but wouldn't have anything to do with the chocolate cake, spitting it out when he was fed some. No cute pictures of him digging into his first birthday cake. He still is reluctant to walk on his own. At one point he was pushing a card table chair around the living room. He is talking some, and loves balls. I obliged by giving him one, because that's what aunts do.
.
Daughter did well today. She was patient through all the Palm Sunday work, telling me later that it was "phenomenal." She's spending the night here tonight, and I will drop her off at her program tomorrow morning. Next weekend I'll have her home Saturday. Her birthday is on Monday, and so we'll celebrate it this weekend.
.
I'm tired tonight. I won't be in a hurry to get into the church tomorrow. I think I can go in a little late....

No comments: