Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Waiting

For the second time this year, I feel like we're on a death watch. Mom died June 9, and Dad continues to decline. Sister continues to avoid the situation, and can't figure out why they just can't hook him up to a dialysis machine and solve the problem. Dad is sounding more congested and depressed each day. Far Away Sister and I are spending a great deal of time on the phone. Daughter is back to sleeping extraordinary amounts of time to avoid thinking about everything. Yesterday evening she was very verbally abusive of me. I told her I didn't know what gave her the idea it was okay to say those kinds of things to me, since I rarely yell at her, and never call her names or say cruel things to her. Sometimes I get tired of being the target of every emotion that disturbs her.

1 comment:

Mama Drama Times Two said...

I am so sorry for the struggles with your siblings at this difficult time...