Saturday, September 19, 2009

Sleep

Daughter has an amazing ability to sleep. She came home last night and slept from 7:00 to 9:00, when she appeared to take her insulin and pills. She immediately went back to sleep. It is now almost 10:00, in the morning, and she is still asleep. Anytime there are things going on that she doesn't want to deal with, she sleeps. If I allow it (and I may, because I'm enjoying the peace) she'll sleep until noon. She'll still be able to take a nap this afternoon and go to bed and fall asleep at 9:00 tonight.
.
She doesn't need this much sleep. She functions very well on 8-9 hours of sleep. It's just her way of avoiding things. Most of the time I allow it, because if I make her stay awake when she's trying to avoid things, she has a hair trigger and is very unpleasant to be around. Of course, I'm often stressed, too, when she's seeking to escape into sleep, so she may say that I'm unpleasant to be around, too.
.
There are times when I envy her the ability to escape into sleep any time she wants to.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If she sleeps 'til noon, before it's dark does she have every picnic basket in Jellystone Park?

Kari said...

I was praying that Anna, who struggled to get out of bed every morning last week for school, would sleep in today. OH NO...she was up wayyyy early. Enjoy the silence. I'll be over for coffee soon! ~Kari

Reverend Mom said...

Kari--
I'd even get you some coffee, and I'm a tea drinker!

Peace,
RM