Sunday, September 27, 2009

Insight

Doctor told Sister today that if Dad hadn't improved by tomorrow, he'd put him on hospice. Far Away Sister and I interpret that to mean, "If he's still alive tomorrow...." He's weaker and more confused. Drifting in and out of consciousness. Doctor said something about how he wouldn't know anyway. Hospice will be a great help to Dad in his current state, I am sure. Sister still isn't speaking to me, but I am less angry. I have some insight into why I've been so frustrated. This afternoon we have a youth group outing, and when I get home from that, I will post more about my insights and how I am moving beyond my anger-- at least part of the time.
.
If things go as we expect, the memorial service will be next Saturday. I will head up there on Thursday, and come back on Sunday. The congregation will have a hymn sing next Sunday, and we will celebrate world communion Sunday a week late. Far Away Sister is looking at airline reservations now. I'm going to plan to get a room at the same motel they are staying in. It will make things easier, and will be less lonely. At least, that's my hope....

3 comments:

maeve said...

Watching and waiting with you. And wishing everyone some sort of peace.

Munchkin Mom said...

Right here with Maeve, holding you close in my thoughts.

Reverend Mom said...

Thank you both. I am grateful for the support.