Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Celebrating the Little Things

Daughter is getting herself up in the morning. Because I don't have to fight her to get her out of bed, she is allowed to take her shower in the morning. This morning she appeared at my bedside fully dressed and woke me up. There was fog delay, and it didn't throw her off. She did some small chores (like putting away the dishes that don't fit in the dishwasher that I had washed) before heading out to wait for the bus.
.
Her tremors are much improved. Now how's this for irony: They got worse when she went to generic Keppra. We reduced her Depakote, and they improved, but continued. Now her Depakote is generic, and they have all but vanished. I also think that both of us are doing a better job of living in the uncertainty. Dad may survive this round, he may not. We can't predict. It's in God's hands. Whatever or whenever, we'll be okay.

No comments: