Sunday, September 13, 2009

Back to Work

Worship this morning was good. We had youth group tonight, and it was good. I took a nap this afternoon. It's been a long time since I took a nap on a Sunday afternoon, but I was exhausted. It's good to be back focusing on things here.
.
Daughter has done so well through all of this. She didn't complain about the length of time we spent with Dad. She has been concerned for me. I'm grateful.
.
Dad is still alive, and he hasn't needed to go to the hospital. Hopefully he'll stay stable until the doctor decides he's in need of hospice services. I don't want him to have to go back to the hospital because Sister wasn't comfortable with getting him on hospice. He doesn't want to go back to the hospital, and I want his wishes respected.

2 comments:

debinca said...

Oh man I BET you needed a nap! What a trying balancing act this has been for you.

Your Dad sounds like a man who is strong and who is ready to move along to the next stage of life. prayers that he is allowed to do so with grace.
Owl

Reverend Mom said...

Thanks, Owl. We'll get there. Sister will continue to struggle. Anyone who talks to her can tell she's struggling with the idea of hospice, but she keeps insisting she's fine with it. She needs to face her fears.