Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Morning Smile

For the last few weeks Daughter has wanted me to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for her lunch. I think she finds comfort in knowing I made her sandwich for lunch, because there are times when she hates peanut butter and takes frozen stuff in and heats it in the microwave. Every morning I have been measuring out 1/8 cup of peanut butter and 1 tablespoon of simply fruit strawberry jam and spreading it on whole wheat bread. This morning the 1/8 cup measuring cup was in the dishwasher, so I was using a tablespoon instead. As I was measuring out the second tablespoon of peanut butter, Daughter saw me. "You're putting 2 tablespoons of peanut butter in my sandwich? You know I hate peanut butter!"
.
She just couldn't believe that 2 tablespoons and 1/8 cup were the same.... She apologized this morning and told me she hoped she hadn't called me too much yesterday. She was in a chipper mood, and is now waiting on the porch for the bus and singing Christmas carols.
.
I have much to do today, including cleaning the house. I invited the judicatory boss to lunch here on Friday. It seemed like a good idea at the time....

No comments: