Monday, September 14, 2009

Cell Phones

Daughter is currently stuck on stupid. She gets that way sometimes. Anything I ask her to do this evening, she doesn't understand. She also has a hair trigger tonight, and anything I say that she doesn't like results in an announcement that she's leaving. I'm rearranging furniture in the living room after adding a couple of storage pieces. I had to explain to her 3 times what I wanted her to do with books in an old telephone stand we were using to hold the stereo, and she still didn't understand.
.
She's stressed about Dad, and she's upset because she knows I won't be home tomorrow evening. I'm headed to a meeting 2 hours away, so there will be a home care aide here to supervise tomorrow evening. This morning she informed me that I couldn't go because there was too much stress and she didn't want me to be away. I'm going. She'll survive, but she'll also punish me for abandoning her. I anticipate that she will be calling me numerous times tomorrow. Some days I'm not sure I like cell phones at all....

No comments: