Tuesday, September 29, 2009

9-29-09

About 5:30 this morning I woke up, as I had done often throughout the night. I prayed for Dad's peace, and that he would be able to let go. At 6:00 Sister called to tell me that Dad had died peacefully at 5:30 this morning. I have much to do, and my mind is racing with what I need to accomplish before I leave. I think I'm going to leave Wednesday afternoon instead of Thursday now. I want to be here for the senior luncheon tomorrow, but I think that after that I'll head out. Far Away Sister and her family will arrive about 7:00 Thursday evening. They were going to have to buy their tickets or cancel their reservations today.
.
There is much for which I'm grateful. Sister began speaking to me yesterday. Brother and Sister had both recognized that he was dying, and both were able to spend time with him. I'm also grateful that it is over.
.
This has been a hard year, starting with the discovery of the Unauthorized Borrower at the end of January. Mom's decline began the day after Brother's wedding in February. We put her on hospice in March or April, and she died June 9. We had Dad to the ER the night of her memorial service. Now the healing will continue. I have to wake up Daughter soon, and I suspect she'll decide she wants to stay home with me today. I'll be busy trying to get things done, but maybe I can find some things that will keep her occupied.
.
For now, I'm grateful. I'm grateful that he lived 80 years, and we were able to celebrate his 80th birthday. I'm grateful that Dad is at peace. I'm grateful that he and Mom are together again. I'm grateful that the time of waiting is over.

9 comments:

Torina said...

I am so sorry for your loss. May peace be with you.

maeve said...

I am so sorry for your loss. This has been such a difficult year. I know that you know that your parents are now both at peace. May you and Daughter find peace as well. M.

Munchkin Mom said...

I am so sorry. Peace to you and dd and hugs from me and the munchkins.

Reverend Mom said...

Thank you. We are all relieved, though we will miss him loads.

Linda said...

Even when you know it's coming, it still hurts. I'm so sorry that this has been a tough year. May you be comforted knowing both your mom and dad are together and feeling no pain. Life is good for them once again.

debinca said...

Peace to you and yours, Owl

Reverend Mom said...

We've been surrounded by love and prayers, and that is helping. Thank you all.

Kari said...

I am so sorry. I was gone when this happened and I just got caught up on your blog today. Please know that you are in my prayers. ~Kari

Reverend Mom said...

Thank you, Kari.