Thursday, September 17, 2009

This Evening's Smile

I ordered 2 new skirts, and they arrived yesterday. When I tried them on, I was disappointed, because they were shorter than I had thought they would be. One was right at my knees, so I decided to keep it and wore it today. The other was several inches shorter, and will be returned. Daughter saw the short one tonight and asked about it.
.
"It's a skirt I ordered, but it's even shorter than this one. Do you think I should keep it?"
.
"No! You can't wear short skirts. Men might look at you and they might not care that you're past the time limit!"
.
"I didn't know there was a time limit. Are you saying I'm past it?"
.
"Never mind. I think I'll shut up now."

5 comments:

totoonchie said...

LOL, past the time limit! I have felt that way lately!. I went to order glasses and got a mammo yesterday. Then went to Trader Joes shopping. I big day in the big city for a little Owl!

Reverend Mom said...

I feel that way, too, sometimes. I envy you a Trader Joes within a reasonable distance. I go sometimes when we're up visiting Dad, but then have to take a cooler to get them home....

RM

Munchkin Mom said...

LOL. So we expire like milk?

Reverend Mom said...

Far Away Sister suggested my expiration date is stamped on my forehead....

Munchkin Mom said...

And if DD goes to live on the streets, you can post her picture with "Have you seen me?" on yourself, too.