Monday, July 8, 2013

The Surgeon

Today I went to see the surgeon, and he took x-rays.  Originally he told me the bones would heal in 6-8 weeks.  It's been 8 weeks now, and the bones are not healed.  There is still a gap between them, but he says that will fill in in time.  Apparently they were not clean breaks.  Both bones have visible gaps on the x-rays. 

On a more positive note, he's delighted with the range of motion I have.  He's still talking about removing the metal in a year.  He says that it will be an easier surgery and I don't necessarily have to have general anesthesia....

He didn't give me any restrictions, but I won't be doing any heavy lifting for a while-- my arm complains if I forget and try.  I'll go back in 2 months.  I hope I will see signs that the gaps are filling in then. 

No comments: