Tuesday, July 9, 2013

It Begins

Daughter was in my room at 7:00 this morning, excited because today is the day we begin our camping adventure.  I'm glad she's excited.  There have been times when she insisted she hated camping.  I'm certainly looking forward to it.  We have some friends from church joining us at our campsite for supper tonight, then we will head over to a concert at the center across from state park.  I'm a little concerned about having the campsite up and a campfire ready to cook by 5:00, but we'll manage.  We always have the camp stove if I can't get the fire going in time....

I probably won't be posting while we're gone.  The computer isn't going, and it's too hard to post via phone.  Daughter reminded me of our standard deal-- if she cooperates and doesn't complain for a day of activities I choose, the following day we do the things she enjoys.  If she complains, I get another day of choosing.  It works well.  I'm looking forward to time in the woods. 

2 comments:

Marge said...

Have a wonderful time! I hope all goes well with Daughter. Safe travels. We are leaving for our camping trip in two weeks, and I can't wait! The woods, and Gitchie Gumie await!

Reverend Mom said...

Thank you. We enjoyed a wonderful evening with friends and a concert.