Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Back to Work and the Diet

I started back to work yesterday.  It feels good.  Today was my first day back with Administrative Assistant, and we were quickly back in the routine.  I updated the two brochures we have about the church, and we did some things for worship.  I also worked on my calendar, which generated lots of agenda items for upcoming emails and prompted me to send out several emails about various things that need to happen soon. 

There have been people dropping by the office, and it's good to catch up with them.  I really do love what I do, and so as much as I enjoy vacation, I think I enjoy the return to work even more. 

The diet continues to present some challenges, but overall, it's going well.  The biggest issue is finding food that doesn't have chemical additives.  This week I've added corn to my diet, and I was thrilled to think I could have corn tortillas.  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any that I can have.  The masa to make tortillas isn't even something I can have.  I tried making them from corn meal, but wasn't thrilled with the result.  I've lost 15 pounds, so I'm not going to complain too much.  It's nice to finally be successfully losing weight.  Very nice. 

No comments: