Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Community

Daughter and I have been attending this conference for years, and many of the participants return each year.  It truly is a community, and it is a community that understands Daughter.  She is helping with the preschool class this year.  They brought enough supplies so Daughter can make the projects with the kids. 

One of the teenagers wants Daughter to do something in worship tomorrow.  His mom checked with me to see if I thought Daughter could handle it.  She has been eating with the teens for most of her meals, checking with me on blood sugar and insulin, and then going off to enjoy time with them. 

She was still hanging out with them after lunch, and Sister Best Friend told her she needed to come back to the room and rest.  She did.  I was grateful that I didn't have to be the one to bug her. 

I am grateful for this community.  It embraces Daughter with all her challenges, easing my load and giving both of us a wonderful experience. 

She slept well again last night.  Hopefully the worst of this round of PTSD is behind us. 

No comments: