Thursday, July 4, 2013

A Mixed Day

Daughter's day started well.  During worship, 5 different people shared the one word they thought of when they thought of the Gospel.  Daughter was one of them, and her word was "safety."  She was told she could offer a 2-3 sentence explanation.  I helped her edit what she wanted to say.  Her first version was focused on  me, and not God, and I told her worship needed to focus on God.  Here's what she said:

"I was born into a family that abused me.  God rescued me and sent me to live with my mom, who kept me safe while I was learning to keep myself safe.  When I was little, every night she would sing “Be not Afraid” and read the book “I’ll Love you Forever” to me,  pray with me and tell me I was safe so I could sleep at night without fear."
I'm told there wasn't a dry eye in the place when she was done.  She did a beautiful job with it.  That was the good part of her day.  The hard part came this afternoon, when Brother called.  He had been talking to Oldest Brother, and wondered why she didn't want to talk to him anymore.  She told him that he was making her uncomfortable.  I didn't hear about this until bed time.  She so desperately wants answers as to why those terrible things happened to her.  She's understandably frustrated at the lack of answers. 

The good news is that after our conversation she was able to sleep well.  She is growing stronger every day.    

No comments: