Saturday, July 20, 2013

The New Diet

Before we left on vacation, I visited with a nutritionist.  I MRT testing, which showed I have a number of food sensitivities.  Lots of sensitivities.  She explained the program to me, which involves gradually reintroducing food.  Since the diet was so strict, I knew there was no way I could follow it at the conference or while we were camping.  I did decide, though, that I could avoid the foods that showed the highest level of sensitivity.  It was very challenging, but I did pretty well overall.  My cravings have stopped, and I'm not as hungry.  I also have fewer aches and pains.  I also lost weight.  In fact, my weight is the lowest it has been in years. 

I have now started the strict part.  For the next 10-14 days the foods I eat are limited to pork, garbanzo beans, sweet potatoes, millet, barley, pears, blueberries, carrots, cauliflower, cabbage, pecan butter, and pecan oil.  For seasoning, I can use salt, lemon, cinnamon, garlic, carob, ginger, and baking soda.  I can drink water and goat's milk.  I can expect to feel worst while my body detoxes, but eventually I will feel much better.  I'll gradually add foods back, but there are some things I will probably never be able to eat. 

It's going to be interesting, to say the least.  So far the biggest surprise is that I'm no longer hungry all the time.  The fact that I'm losing weight is a huge bonus.  Breakfast was a pear with pecan butter on it.  Now I'm off to figure out lunch....

No comments: