Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sunday

One of the saints picked me up for worship this morning.  Daughter was already there, practicing with the choir.  It was good to be there.   People were very pleased to see me.

I was wearing my sling, and had the arm wrapped in a light bandage.  People were concerned because my hand was so swollen.  I thought it looked good this morning, especially after last night.  I discovered that just because the doctor said I no longer need to wear my sling, it doesn't mean it's a good idea to leave the arm hanging down.  By early evening the hand was so swollen I could hardly move my fingers. 

During joys and concerns I got up with a very short thank you.  Daughter then jumped up to talk about how wonderful it was to have me home, going on and on as I glared at her.  She finally realized I was glaring and sat down.  After church she came over and started talking.  I don't know what she was saying, but it was obvious she was trying to create more drama.  I told her to stop.  Gem said, "I think it's time we take her home."  So they did.  As I was on my way home, she called.  I told her I'd call her in a bit.  She said, quite sullen, "I just wanted to say I'm sorry."  I thanked her.

I haven't heard back from her.  I suspect she got a lecture on the way home.  I'm so grateful she isn't living here and I don't have to deal with her right now.  So grateful. 

No comments: