Thursday, May 23, 2013

A Conversation with Daughter

Daughter is with me today, and so we finally sat down and talked.  We had not really talked since I fell and broke my arm.  I told her the story of how it had happened.  We talked about her conversation with birth mother and brother.  I told her that the drama she hoped would get her my attention succeeded in pushing me away.  She acknowledged that she had claimed the foot pain to get attention after my injury.  I told her that if she wants to spend time with me, she needs to cut the drama. 

Yesterday I did too much, and today I'm exhausted.  I've never been very good at pacing myself.  Maybe I should learn.  I'm going to take Daughter out to eat and then drop her off at the church for choir.  Someone else will take her home.  I'm grateful. 

No comments: