Sunday, September 16, 2012

Three for Three

Last week I was joking in the office.  People were telling me how much they liked last Sunday and the memorial service.  I said, "Yes, and you expect me to do it again on Sunday."  Several people  suggested I pull a sermon from the file, but I don't work that way. One of the men said, "Well, hey, two out of three is pretty good, don't worry about it." 

This morning after worship he walked by as I was talking to someone.  He didn't stop, but as he passed me he said, "Three for three."  I called my thanks after him while everyone else looked puzzled. 

I'm still tired, but I'm recovering.  Tomorrow morning I'll start walking at 6:00 again.  I signed up to work at the concession booth for next Saturday's football game.  I  recruited a member to pick up Daughter for worship next Sunday.  I don't want to deal with her after the game. 

She did pretty well while she was here.  Last night, though, she got up and ate a banana.  She felt guilty this morning, and when she feels guilty, she gets ugly.  She spent the morning growling at me.  I asked her if the banana was worth it, because she sure did sound miserable. 

I think this week will be quieter.  I hope it will be.  I told Administrative Assistant that we are going to lunch Tuesday to celebrate surviving the past 3 weeks.  She thought that was a good idea.  She also told me she has been summoned to jury duty in October.  It's still September, so I'm not going to think about it yet....

No comments: