Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Prioritizing

I didn't get home until almost 10:00 last night, and I knew I would need some time to wind down before I could sleep, not to mention eat supper.  I decided I would not be getting up at 5:00 this morning to go for a walk.  I slept until 7:00.  Walk could go, morning prayer time had to stay.

I met with the family this morning to gather information for the memorial service.  It was a good meeting.  Of course, I decided that I couldn't go with my standard format, which adds to the work involved. 

While I was meeting with the family, Administrative Assistant was comforting the wife of a man who is in the hospital.  She didn't say what hospital, but I need to call and find out how he's doing.  I may need to go visit. 

Tonight I have to figure out the order of the memorial service, because the bulletin needs to go to print tomorrow.  We plan to print 250 of them.  We have been recruiting volunteers for every task we possibly can.  Of course, when they come over to do a task, they have to stop in and chat.  They have things set up for the visitation tomorrow and the meal following the service on Thursday.  We have people working on music and recruiting hosts for the visitation and to clean up following it. 

We're tracking down musicians and a teacher/coach has volunteered to provide students to do childcare.  We're fortunate to have so many eager volunteers, and it's a lot of work to coordinate it all.  I think it will all come together.  In the midst of all of this I still have to lead a book study tomorrow night and prepare a class and worship service for Sunday.  At least I won't be bored this week!

No comments: