Monday, June 15, 2009

Sunday

Daughter had a rough day yesterday. She hadn't slept well and her blood sugar was running high. She was clingy and needy. I nurtured and kept going. We didn't go to church yesterday-- too exhausted and it would have been too complicated with her over at Sister's house. We watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding on my computer last night. Neither one of us had seen it, and we both enjoyed it.
.
We spent about 3 hours with Dad yesterday afternoon. He is doing really well. When we walked in, he had an infomercial on TV. I grabbed the remote and turned to Encore Westerns or whatever it's called. He used to enjoy watching their movies, but hasn't in quite a while. We watched a western together, and after initially telling me how he doesn't watch them anymore, he really enjoyed it. The assisted living place has a large, wrap-around front porch with lots of rocking chairs. We pushed him down there since it was a beautiful day. He decided to stay down there when we left, assuring me he could get back in for supper. I saw this engagement and interest as a very positive sign.
.
I'm still not sure when we'll head home.... Sister's birthday is Wednesday, and Niece has a dance recital that evening. Sister would really like us to stay for that, but I really need to get home and get to work, too. I think at this point, we'll probably just stay. Thanks, everyone, for your ongoing support.

No comments: