Saturday, June 20, 2009

Dad and Daughter

It looks like Dad has more life left in him. His blood sugars are getting better, he's doing his physical therapy. He has begun going to the bathroom without help. He's supposed to be getting a walker with a seat, and he's eager to get it so he can get out more and won't need his walking chair. He had several visitors yesterday, and was pleased to see them all.
.
I'm pleasantly surprised. The night of the Memorial Service as we waited in the ER, I didn't think he'd be with us much longer. I wondered if I'd have to interrupt my vacation (which begins June 29). Today, I'm not worried about my vacation being interrupted. He actually called me today-- and left a message when I didn't answer. He'd called Sister earlier, bragging about his blood sugar and his weight (both of which were very good).
.
I wish I could say Daughter was adjusting as well. Today's she's moved from one spot to another, sleeping. When she walks around, she complains of being dizzy, or she cries. She showed some excitement about vacation earlier, but is back to sleeping now. Grandma's death hit her hard. Maybe she really is sleep deprived, and will feel better for all the sleeping she is doing today. That is my hope, anyway.

No comments: