Sunday, June 7, 2009

Like Grandfather, Like Granddaughter

Dad's blood sugar was high last night. He refused to tell the nurse what he'd been into. She assured him she'd find out. It turns out he ate another resident's dessert and convinced another resident he hadn't eaten and so ate part of his meal. The nurse told Sister about it today, and Dad just grinned.
.
In so many ways he reminds me of Daughter, or maybe Daughter reminds me of Dad. They both love food, and neither one is particularly concerned about the longterm implications of their diet. Daughter gets upset when she sees Dad doing things like that, and is furious when I point out that she does the same thing.
.
Daughter is very distressed with Mom and Dad's declining health. Everytime I call Dad, his first question is about how Daughter is. They have a strong bond, for which I'm grateful. I just wish they didn't share a similar neglect of their health.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bratty at any age.....
KJK

Reverend Mom said...

Sounds like you know them ;-} See you on Friday....