Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Home....

We arrived home at about 7:30 tonight. I decided not to go to Niece's dance recital. We wouldn't have gotten home until after midnight if we'd gone, and I am just exhausted. I slept for about 10 hours last night, and that helped some....
.
Dad continues to sound congested. His blood sugar continues to be entirely too high. Yesterday we took him out to lunch. His blood sugar was 441 (the meter in the ER read high after 475). I more than tripled the insulin that was ordered, and he was still close to 400 at supper. If I hadn't given him that extra insulin, we'd have been back in the ER. Supposedly they were going to see about getting him breathing treatments, but nothing has happened yet. He tires very quickly, which is not a good sign, but not surprising.
.
We didn't get the apartment cleaned out. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the furniture I'm getting down here. I have entirely too much to do in the next few days, which will be made more challenging because my brain is still not operating on all cylinders.
.
I appreciate all the prayers that have kept me going through this. In a week and a half I leave for study leave and vacation. I'm hoping that the time away will be an opportunity to begin to heal and recover.

No comments: