Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Disconnects

Sometimes Daughter just doesn't make connections. She has times when cause and effect just aren't in her tool kit. Today I picked her up to go see Therapist. She hadn't realized she had another appointment this quickly, and she wasn't pleased.
.
"It hasn't been two weeks."
.
"I know, but you haven't been doing well."
.
"That doesn't make any difference. It hasn't been two weeks."
.
I filled Therapist in on my anger with her on Saturday.
.
Therapist reported after their session that Daughter couldn't understand why I had been so angry, after all, she had told the truth. Therapist pointed out that she lied twice before telling the truth and caused me more work. Daughter just couldn't comprehend my anger.
.
These are the kind of disconnects that make it so difficult for her to learn and acquire the skills she needs to live independently and work in the community.

No comments: