Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A Hard Morning

Daughter is stuck on stupid right now, and I'm finding that I'm not dealing with it real well. She didn't complete any of her work yesterday. My work load has increased because of the extra supervision she needs and her refusal to do her work. This morning she made her breakfast, and I came in and asked her if she'd had her sausage (she needs them for the protein to even out her blood sugar until lunch). She said, quite perkily, "Yes, Ma'am!"
.
"Will I find evidence?"
.
"Okay, fine I didn't have my sausage."
.
From there, it was downhill. She wanted me to make her a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch. I informed her she could make her own lunch, since she seemed incapable of carrying her work and I was tired of doing everything for her. She began spreading the peanut butter without measuring it out. All of her food has to be measured so that we know the carb content and can figure the appropriate amount of insulin to cover her meal. I reminded her she needed to measure it. She got out the 1/8th cup measuring cup and began moving in slow motion. She hadn't gotten up when I first called her, so she was already running late. Looking at the clock, I saw that the bus was due, so I took over the sandwich making.
.
I told her I loved her and she needed to get her act together and turn things around. She informed me I was a b***** and flipped me off on her way out the door.
.
I am so tired of the lying. I am tired of her telling me she has completed a task when she hasn't. I'm tired of having to go behind her and double check everything she does. I'm tired of her blaming me when she hasn't done her work properly. I hope she manages to turn it around today.
.
On another front, once again Mom did not receive appropriate care this morning. The incompetence of her caregivers is unreal. We had hoped she would be able to stay where she is until she died. Now we think we need to get her moved ASAP. I suspect that whole mess may be contributing to my lack of patience with Daughter, and I certainly don't have any patience for her right now. This latest round all began Friday when she admitted she'd been lying to me and pretending to take her medication while she was really throwing it away. She wanted me to put her in the hospital then. I refused. I suspect she is punishing me for my refusal.
.
For now, I need to finalize a funeral, visit a family, and go to the nursing home.

No comments: