Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Celebration

Today we had a wonderful celebration for worship. It was Pentecost, so we celebrated the birth of the church and the coming of the Holy Spirit by recognizing our graduates, welcoming new members, sharing communion, and then eating cupcakes at a birthday party. It was fun. We had a big crowd, and I managed to keep the service from running too long....
.
I thoroughly enjoyed leading worship today. The church is growing, and it's exciting. I'm glad to see one area of my life that is going well. It's great to see the way God is working in the congregation. Perhaps the highlight of my morning was when one of our men, who is on disability, asked if he could begin accompanying me on nursing home visits. He wants to get involved in that caring ministry. I'm delighted, and promised I would call him so he could go with me. It's wonderful to see someone seeking to explore their spiritual gifts and try new things.
.

No comments: