Saturday, November 24, 2012

Time Off

Yesterday Daughter and I worked around the house.  Se was in a very cooperative mood.  I decided I did have to go to the store to get ingredients for lunch for Sister Best Friend and her mom.  Rather than go to the superstore 1/2 a mile from here, I went the back way to a grocery store 1 1/2 miles away.  It wasn't busy, and I was grateful.  Of course, I didn't check my list before checking out, and realized I'd forgotten a key ingredient after I got home. 

Daughter and I watched White Christmas, and then headed to the superstore to get it.  It was 9 in the evening, and I went to the grocery side and only bought the one thing.  The store seemed tired.  I'm sure they were very busy earlier in the day, but it was quiet when I was there. 

We had a wonderful time with SBF and her mom today.  We also got some of the Christmas decorations up today.  Now we're relaxing in front of the TV.  Daughter is so relaxed she's sleeping with her head on my shoulder. 

I'm amazed at how much I'm able to relax and get things done around the house when I don't have a sermon hanging over my head on my days off.  It's been nice to have this time off before jumping into the rush to Christmas.  It's even nicer to have Daughter so cooperative.  She got up from the table and cleaned the kitchen while I was visiting with our company.  I hope she will continue to feel this good. 

No comments: