Sunday, November 11, 2012

A Great Weekend

This has been a good weekend.  Friday I spent making ornaments for the bazaar on Saturday.  Yesterday we had a holiday bazaar at the church.  It was the first one we've done in a number of years.  The crafters who were there really liked it.  A number of them told me they hoped we'd invite them back next year.  We had a good crowd, and it was a fun day.  I enjoyed it, though I was exhausted when I came home.  Daughter ended up hiding most of the day.  It was too overwhelming for her, but she figured out what she needed to do, and was very cooperative when I needed help. 

Today I preached stewardship, which is often hard.  It was very well received.  One member told me it was the best stewardship sermon he'd ever heard.  This afternoon I met with 5 people who will be joining the church next week.  I have 4-5 others who have also expressed interest.  We've had a number of deaths this year, but we will be showing a growth in membership for the first time in a number of years.  Success builds on success, and I'm excited about the opportunities ahead of us. 

No comments: