Monday, November 26, 2012

A Good Beginning

Daughter is going to see the Nutcracker with her program today.  She has seen it with me, and to say she is excited would be an understatement.  She knows and loves the music, and has been talking about this for weeks.  I think the people at her program were surprised to hear she'd already gone to it once.  I have been fortunate to have had the opportunity to expose her to a variety of styles of music at various concerts over the years, and she has loved them. 

She was a little teary when I took her back last night, not wanting to leave me.  I suggested that she think about going to the ballet today, and she smiled.  The tears were replaced by joy as she thought about it.  She's also been obsessing on all the details-- does she need to take a lunch?  are her clothes appropriate?  I hope she enjoys the show, and I will confess to being a little bit jealous. 

This will be a good week for me, though for different reasons.  I don't have to write a sermon this week, which always makes the week less stressful.  Tomorrow night is one of our peer group retreats.  I'm really looking forward to the fellowship with my colleagues and the opportunity to reflect on life and ministry facilitated by my spiritual director. 

The board is meeting tonight, and we will be finishing a book we began last February.  We will discuss the progress we've made and the next steps on the journey.  I look forward to another good meeting. 

No comments: